|Planning & Development - Building - Fire Codes|
The Lawrenceburg Planning Commission meets the second Thursday each month at 5:00 PM in the Council Meeting Room at the City Municipal Complex to review plans submitted to the Planning and Development Department. The City of Lawrenceburg is excited about new growth and development in Lawrenceburg, and the Planning and Development Office will be happy to assist our citizens, developers and investors in that effort.
Procedure For Planning Commission Submittal:
1. Submit three (3) copies of Preliminary Plans, or Minor Final Subdivision Plans, or Site Plans to the Planning and Development Department, Lawrenceburg Municipal Complex, 25 Public Square, Lawrenceburg, TN 38464 by 12:00 Noon, Twenty-one (21) days prior to the Planning Commission Meeting, (the second Thursday of each month).
2. Preliminary Plans are dispersed to utilities, reviewing engineer, State Planner, and others, as needed for comments.
3. All Subdivision Plat fees and Site Plan Review fees must be paid before your project will be placed on the Planning Commission’s Agenda.
4. Developer submits three (3) copies of Construction Plans and Plat by 12:00 Noon, Twenty-one days prior to the next regular meeting of the Planning Commission (second Thursday of each month). Developers pay construction plan fees. Submittals not received by 12:00 Noon will not be accepted for review.
5. Three (3) copies of Final Plat must be submitted within one (1) year from approval of Preliminary Plat. Developers pay Final Plat fees.
6. Submittals that are significantly incomplete may not be accepted at the time of submittal, and/or may not be considered by the Planning Commission.
7. Approval or disapproval of Final Plat by Planning Commission.
8. Improvements must be constructed or bonds posted before final plat is recorded.
9. Building Official will collect recording fees of $16.00 (storm water detention agreement), $5.00 (8 ½ X 14” plat), $10.00 (18”X24”), $15.00 (24”x30”) and record documents at R.O.L.C.
10. A check list is included in a package that may be picked up at the Planning and Development Office to assist in noting appropriate items before submitting your plans. The Storm Water Management Ordinance is also a part of this package.
Please Note: No additional fee charged for first submittal
Fifty Percent (50%) of original submittal fee charged for each subsequent re- submittal.